[thelist] Re: Php array into session via form checkboxes

Barney barney at astoundingfish.net
Mon Oct 20 06:36:18 CDT 2003

>You mean $PHP_SELF. Are you aware that ariables are case sensitive?
>
> Unchecked checkboxes are not posted.
>
> Try print_r($_POST) in your action script.

Hi thanks for the input.
I am acutely aware that Php is case sensitive but rather strangely $php_self
works just the same as $PHP_SELF , probably due to the inherent 'slackness'
of Php... The crux of my question was that specifically the unchecked values
of the checkboxes were being posted. I've since solved the problem with the
help of a collegue who pointed out that I could simply post the checkbox
values rather than write them to the session via a serialized array and then
at the next stage of the questionnaire write the results to the array for
future use and serialize the correct data to the session. So rather than try
and be clever and process the data as eloquently as possible I went back to
basics and just posted them.

thanks for the help though and print_r came in very useful as I was unaware
of it - very handy.

regards,

Gareth