[thelist] XHTML1.1 Validation errors with Javascript

David Dorward evolt at david.us-lot.org
Mon Oct 27 03:35:46 CST 2003

On Monday, Oct 27, 2003, at 09:17 Europe/London, Jeff Howden wrote:
>> <script type="text/javascript"
>>         src="some-external-file.js"></script>

> easy work around that can cause other problems:
> Making Peace: Legacy Browsers and External Scripts
> http://evolt.org/article/thelist/17/9054/
* How many people use Netscape 2/MSIE 3?
* If an author is targeting them, why is he using XHTML? Especially
given that its known to cause problems when served as text/html in
browsers which correctly interpret /> as end of tag followed by a
greater than sign - browsers which I suspect have a market share at
least as large as NS2/IE3.
* How do they react to CDATA markers in XHTML?

... and I manage to avoid event handlers in my HTML for any 'real'
script (I dynamically add them at run time, which reduces maintenance).

David Dorward