[thelist] hotlinking ..htaccess functionality and Mod Rewrite

John C Bullas jcbullas at nildram.co.uk
Tue Oct 28 08:29:48 CST 2003

>http://www.allmyfaqs.com/faq.pl?Prevent_bandwidth_theft
>--
>David Dorward

Hi,

If I use Mod rewrite to direct all hotlinking to a "naff" image can I
intercept
calls to certain allowed images BEFORE this to do a redirect in .htaccess
to a directory without the
mod rewrite (as I do not know who has the APPROVED hotlinked banners
that are in the directories I want to "block" and need to move elsewhere
to a /banners directory...).....

Basically will a redirect statement work if followed by a Mod ReWrite, does
.htaccess
work sequentially for every file parsed?

John

FB