[thelist] Tables vrs. CSS for search engines

Chris George cgeorge at basecorp.com
Tue Oct 28 17:26:36 CST 2003

Woo! That's a load of bunk. Some search engines might have a hard time
indexing content buried within a nested table structure, but in the 6
years I've been submitting my sites to the various major search engines,
the fact that some content was built within tables has never caused my
request for indexing to be refused...

Where are her facts backing up this claim?

If "search engines do not search tables" there would be a *lot* less
content on Google. :-P