[thelist] Netscape 7.1 css problem

George E. Papadakis georgep at phaistosnetworks.gr
Wed Oct 29 07:59:44 CST 2003

Hello all,

When trying to position:absolute an object within another relatively
positioned and left floated in netscape 7.1, for some reason the contained
element ignores the parents position:relative property and goes to the top
left edge of the body.

Here is an example :

id="par">
  Hello World
 &nbsp;
 Some Text here

I could  :
› Remove the absolute positioning from the the child element.
› Remove the relative positioning (and replace it with absolute) in the par
element.
› Or remove the float:left from the par element.

Yet that's not what I wannt. I need to have the position and floating like
this.
This thing works okay with all the known css supporting browsers but
netscape 7.1.
Any ideas or fixes?

--georgep