[thelist] usability testing/customer feedback for redesigns

James Newbery james at tinnedfruit.com
Wed Oct 29 15:35:16 CST 2003

Tom,

Try this:
http://usableweb.org/topics/000882-0-0.html for a collection of articles on
this topic.

Jim

-----Original Message-----
From: thelist-bounces at lists.evolt.org
[mailto:thelist-bounces at lists.evolt.org]On Behalf Of Tom Dell'Aringa
Sent: 29 October 2003 19:17
To: thelist at lists.evolt.org
Subject: [thelist] usability testing/customer feedback for redesigns

Hi folks,

My company is currently going to be involved in a major redesign of a
large commercial site that we own. In the brief we have this
incredibly stupid statement:

Out of Scope
- usability testing or other consumer research

This means that do NOT plan on doing any of it AT ALL.

Holy Stupidity, Batman!

Anyway, I'm looking for some links that give some hard figures on the
difference testing and, gee, involving the customers, makes to a
redesign or a new site. I have some things but I'm lacking some stuff
with punch.

TIA

Tom

=====
http://www.pixelmech.com/ :: Web Development Services
http://www.DMXzone.com/ :: JavaScript Author / Every Friday!
http://www.thywordistruth.net/ :: Eternal Life

"I'll ho ho and ha ha you!" (Daffy Duck)
http://evolt.org/help_support_evolt/