[thelist] html profile attribute - how??

fstorr fffrancis at fstorr.demon.co.uk
Fri Oct 31 13:32:47 CST 2003

Hi all

I've been looking at HTML's rel attribute for link types.  The spec
(http://www.w3.org/TR/html401/types.html#type-links) says that authors
can create their own link types, but if they do, they should specify a
profile by listing a URI as a name value pair with the profile
attribute, eg: <head profile="http://www.foo.com/profile.html">.

That's all well and good, but should be in the actual profile document?
  The document listed on the W3C's homepage is
http://www.w3.org/2000/08/w3c-synd/# but that's a web page with all
kinds of blurb in it.  Is that right - can the profile document be
anything - and if so, how does that help specify how links are related
to a document?

I can't seem to find anything in the specs to say what's right and what
isn't.  Does anyone know?

Regards

Francis