[thelist] Hide status message during a:hover

aardvark roselli at earthlink.net
Fri Oct 31 17:09:47 CST 2003

> From: "Scott Blanchard" <octigonuser at hotmail.com>
>
> I have some javascript functions attached to an <a> tag. I do not want
> the browser to display the javascript function name in the status bar
> of the browser for security purposes. Is there a way to hide this for
> these links?

what do your functions do? do they by any chance cause a new
page to load, whether in the current window or a new one? if so,
you should .jeff's article about links and JS (because you often
don't want to embed your JS in your href, see):
	http://evolt.org/links_javascript

> <%=request("contentid")%>);">
>
> I could just remove the href and use onclick, but that does not work
> well in Mozilla and I have to add cursor :hand in css

actually, without knowing what you want it to do, embedding it in
the href is no better than moving it to the onclick...

despite all this, you can adjust the status bar message:

--
my latest book project:
  Web Graphics for Non-Designers