[thelist] tracking a url [implementation?]

Tom Dell'Aringa pixelmech at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 4 13:30:06 CST 2003

--- Andrew Clover <and-evolt at doxdesk.com> wrote:
> Tom Dell'Aringa <pixelmech at yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> > They suggested having a 'redirect' page that passes the link of
> > the company ("companyA") the user clicked.

> I'm afraid something like this is necessary...

Okay, so what's the best way to run this? If my redirect page is
LinkRedirect.asp - should I append the whole URL (if I did I assume
it would need to be encoded?) or just a keyword that the server maps
to a url?

do this:

LinkRedirect.asp?url=http://www.somesite.com/

or

LinkRedirect.asp?url=somesite

then logic in the page maps it?

Either way I assume I would then dynamically write that to the meta
refresh tag with a value of 0 and let it fly..correct?

Tom

=====
http://www.pixelmech.com/ :: Web Development Services
http://www.DMXzone.com/ :: JavaScript Author / Every Friday!
http://www.thywordistruth.net/ :: Eternal Life

"I'll ho ho and ha ha you!" (Daffy Duck)