[thelist] Site Check

Richard Bennett richard.bennett at skynet.be
Tue Nov 4 17:18:11 CST 2003

Hi,

Loads nice and fast, and not too much junk on there.
The logo is not nice though, looks like it was put up because nobody dared
tell the designer that it was bad.
There are three horizontal lines on the page, one is 100% width, one is
about 70% width, and one is fixed width, having the all the same width would
balance the page.
In IE all text is fixed size except one line - preferably allow all text to
be resized with [ctrl]mousewheel.
What are all those links at the bottom? Can't you condense that into one
line of 8 links or so?
I don't know about grammar and all that, but is "students search" correct?
Isn't that the possessive requiring a hyphen?
Browsing in a small window, I never noticed the search results showing
underneath the advertisement, I thought there was no content at all at
first.
What's with the "html version"? They both are. It could be called the
"Apologise for bad search results" version, as that's the only difference I
see.
Your text about adding links is strange:
Sudden Capitals, grammar done wrongly, and some sentences weirdly are
sometimes constructed.

Hope that helps
Richard.