[thelist] ot - downloaded file? SIZE/Date Search

John C Bullas jcbullas at nildram.co.uk
Wed Nov 5 14:55:13 CST 2003

At 18:50 05/11/2003, Burhan Khalid wrote
>Roger Harness wrote:
>
>>Hello folks,
>>Sorry for the off-topic'ness of this, but does anybody know of any ideas on
>>trying to find a downloaded (?) file?
>>its a 129+ meg file (col3929.exe) that took me about 8 hours to d/l on a 56k
>>line.
>>I tried to get in using IE6, but it kept quitting the download. So finally I
>>tried using Mozilla 1.0 and that *seemed* to get it.
>>It just now stopped, and i cant seem to find anywhere! I've tried "Find"ing

If you know when you started the download plug that date/time in the
search options date menu options if you have them

If the file is 129MB thenn you can also search based on size in excess of
100MB,
depending on what you use the machine for this might make it stick out?

FB