[thelist] Re: hiding source

Diane Soini dianesoini at earthlink.net
Wed Nov 5 20:36:17 CST 2003

On Tuesday, November 4, 2003, at 03:14 PM,
thelist-request at lists.evolt.org wrote:

> mainly the point that there isn't
> anything worth protecting in the HTML.

Not that I disagree, because I don't, but I was asked to hide the
source not because of the HTML, but because they didn't want to give
away the mathematical calculations the javascript was doing. (It was an
ROI calculator.)

Really, you can't hide the source, you can only make it harder to get
to.

Not sure if this is built-in, or if it was scripted, but one of the
products at my company they disabled right-click, but if you hold the
left-button and then right click it works and then you can view source.