[thelist] Google and redirect handling

Chris George cgeorge at basecorp.com
Thu Nov 6 11:36:45 CST 2003

Hey - I just worked with a company that used a 302 for their home page.
They haven't been indexed by google - ever - until they removed the 302.
Now they are slowly getting indexed and freshened on a somewhat regular
basis.

It was an extremely frustrating project to work on, because I was under
the impression that 302's were ok - but maybe not on the home page?

So, for that particular circumstance, one 302 was one to many. But, as
always, especially with search engines, ymmv.