[thelist] Re: Google and redirect handling

John C Bullas jcbullas at nildram.co.uk
Fri Nov 7 01:26:49 CST 2003

At 21:20 06/11/2003, Cayley Vos wrote
>Any redirect on the homepage will make you invisible to the search engines.
>However, there is an easy way around this. Do serverside browser detection
>and redirect from there.

I have a http redirect after x seconds BUT a hyperlink to
the page the redirect goes to on the same page

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&q=fatbloke+%26+battoad

thus

http://www.fatblokeracing.org/

exists to google and  has a redirect?

also links to a "modifed" directory listing of links to pages I want indexing:
<http://www.fatblokeracing.org/spiderindexonly.shtml>spiders only this way
bottom left AND I know they can't read ;)

BUT maybe an "immediate" redirect WON'T get you found?

FB