[thelist] Multiple versions of IE in one Windows installation...

Bill Mason evolt at accessibleinter.net
Fri Nov 7 08:24:13 CST 2003

Peter-Paul Koch wrote:

>> If this works OK, I do believe it's the greatest thing to hit web testing
>> in a long time..
>>
>> <http://www.insert-title.com/web_design/?page=articles/dev/multi_IE>
>

> I have heard, but not tested, that this doesn't work as advertised.

This definitely works as advertised as far as seeing the different
versions of the layout engine in action.  They respond just as you'd
expect to Tantek's different IE specific filters
(http://tantek.com/CSS/Examples/) and they're responding to my site just
  as I've seen actual standalone IE 5/5.5 installs do.

I have heard that if you use IE conditional comments, all the installed
versions will believe they are IE6 and react accordingly to the code.

I haven't tested any JavaScript against it, but if you browser sniff UA
strings even the strings are working correctly, so that's something.
--
Bill Mason
Accessible Internet
evolt at accessibleinter.net