[thelist] Lynx 2.8.5 is Javascript-aware?

Blowhorn Kili2x at netscape.net
Fri Nov 7 08:49:13 CST 2003

Hi, evolters.

While checking my hit counter at scripthost.com, I came upon this raw access log entry:

11/06/03 20:08:54 EST|216.33.229.163|Lynx/2.8.5dev.7 libwww-FM/2.14 SSL-MM/1.4.1 OpenSSL/0.9.7||

On the site I'm maintaining (http://cfc-cfl.g3z.com/), the hit counter will only activate after the sole javascript function I embedded in the page finishes manipulating the DOM.  The function is called from within the body, not as a body.onload event handler.

Now, the browser's user agent string may be lying, of course.  I don't use that value in my scripts, scripthost.com does.  Still, I'm very curious about it.  I may try to install Lynx for further investigation.

BTW, the pop-up and banner ads provided by g3z.com prevent any of my pages from validating.  Hopefully once I find a job and get some steady income, this may change (i.e. domain registration, ad removal, etc.)

                              My first post!
                              Cromwell