[thelist] Regex and converting HTML tags to lower case

Jorah Lavin madstone at madstone.net
Sat Nov 8 05:54:19 CST 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: "Bruce MacKay" <b.mackay at massey.ac.nz>
To: <thelist at lists.evolt.org>

> New to regex and predictably I am encountering a problem.  I want to
> convert all HTML tags to lower case.

I've never gotten my head around regex myself, but I'm pretty sure that in
order for people to answer your question, they'll need to know what
platform/operating system you are using, and what particular software or
language you are using to do the work... BBEdit? Perl?

However, I will wonder on the side if you might not be happier just using a
tool like Tidy:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/tidy

It works pretty well for me, when I call it from within TopStyle Pro...

Some HTML editors, like HomeSite, also have tools like that built in.

Good luck, and don't give up on regular expressions; they can be very
powerful.

-Jorah