[thelist] Regular Expression Question

Beau Hartshorne beau at hartshorne.ca
Sun Nov 9 10:23:01 CST 2003

I am trying to write a function that takes an array of tags and an html
encoded string as input, and then selectively decodes the encoded string
based on the array of tags supplied. I am not using html_entity_decode
because I only want to decode the &quot; entities that lie in between <
and >. I want to leave the &quot;s that are outside of the < and >
alone.

BTW, I made a typo in my example (I had forgotten the = sign after
target). Here's the fixed version:

She said &quot;hello, world&quot; [<a target=&quot;_new&quot;
href=&quot;link.html&quot;>1</a>]

Is translated to:

She said &quot;hi, there.&quot; [<a target="_blank"
href="link.html">1</a>]

Cheers,

Beau