[thelist] IE Update - A Golden Opportunity?

Lonnie kr43m0r at earthlink.net
Sun Nov 9 21:13:14 CST 2003

> With the new update to IE announced recently
> (<http://msdn.microsoft.com/ieupdate/>), does anyone think Microsoft will
> take this opportunity to improve IE's CSS support, and/or fix the bugs, or
> will we have to endure the long wait for Longhorn?
>
> ----
> Adam George

So sorry! The URL is a misnomer. IE is not being updated. As a matter of
fact, it's being denegraded. This is a response by Microsoft to the lawsuit
lost to Eolas. All it does is cause the browser to conform to the court
findings (as interpreted by Microsoft). This so they won't be forced to
purchase proper licensing.

Frankly, IMO, don't even waste your time to d/l or install this. Its primary
purpose is to inform developers about how their previous code for
automatically playing various media through a browser will be not treated as
it had been formerly.

Nothing new here... move along!