[thelist] odd IE worm or something..

Mark Groen mark at markgroen.com
Mon Nov 10 00:55:51 CST 2003

----- Original Message -----
Sent: November 09, 2003 2:34 PM
Subject: Re: [thelist] odd IE worm or something..

> --- James Parsons <jp at batworks.com> wrote:
> > Tom puzzles...
>
> > >I have a strange thing happening with my IE on winXP. I've run
> > >ad-aware and a full virus scan which has turned up nothing.
> > >http://www.pixelmech.com/review/ieThing.gif
> > >
> > >What happens is that a IE window spawns of *its own accord.*

You need something a little more than just msconfig to find this
mal-ware installed on your machine, I've used this persons' registry
software for a few years now and it really is the best at finding
*everything* that is installed, cleaning out programs, handling the
start-up functions, etc:

http://www.jv16.org/

30 day trail, enough to get rid of your problem and worth paying for the
future imho especially if you're interested in having more control. You
may even get lucky and the "Acme Browser" jerks have named their files
similar enough to spot easily.

Regards,

          Mark Groen

MG Web Services