[thelist] Quick Flash/link request

john at johnallsopp.co.uk john at johnallsopp.co.uk
Mon Nov 10 05:47:29 CST 2003

Hi

I'm new to Flash and it's Monday morning, so things aren't looking good.

I want to make a small Flash movie a link in my web page but it's not
working. The movie's displaying, but it's not a link. I've replaced the
whole Flash stuff with an img and that works, so the link part is working.

Is it that objects can't be links or something? So can't I create a flash
movie that's a link? Or do I have to do it from within Flash, within the
movie?

Here's what I've got:

 <OBJECT classid= etc>
  <PARAM NAME=movie VALUE="myMovie.swf">
  <PARAM NAME=quality VALUE=high>
  <PARAM NAME=bgcolor VALUE=#166993>
  <EMBED src="myMovie.swf" quality=high bgcolor=#166993  WIDTH="450"
HEIGHT="40" NAME="newsflash" ALIGN="left"
TYPE="application/x-shockwave-flash"
PLUGINSPAGE="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer">
  </EMBED>
 </OBJECT>