[thelist] Re: Email newsletters

worte at gmx.at worte at gmx.at
Mon Nov 10 06:21:28 CST 2003

Stuart Denslow wrote:
> My question is, is it bad 'etiquette' (for want of a better word) to email
> the people who's newsletters are being blocked, asking them to have a word
> with their IT administrator to allow it??

I don't know about etiquette. But you want to reach your subscribers, you
don't want to make them work for it! They don't know about technical details
anyway, so the most they'd do is forward your letter to the tech department.
It's more efficient to contact the IT administrators directly. They're the ones
that can tell you why your mailings are blocked, and what you (or they) can
do about it.

Matthias