[thelist] [novice] Help with CSS layout

Russell Griechen russgriechen at comcast.net
Tue Nov 11 13:26:55 CST 2003

> I'm trying to create a page template for a WebObjects application, and
> use CSS to define the layout instead of tables. I am a CSS novice, and
> the layout is killing me. I can fall back to tables if I have to, so
> this is all academic right now. But, I want to learn!
I am thinking that using a template controlled site such as:

First thing for a template site is to create the structure.
Break up your code to match the filenames noted below.
[code]
<?php
$title ='Sportsmen Afield';
$server_inc = $_SERVER["DOCUMENT_ROOT"]."/inc";
include $server_inc."/header.php";
include $server_inc."/logo.php";
include $server_inc."/topnav.php";
include $server_inc."/leftnav.php";
include $server_inc."/right.php";
?>
<?

?>
<h4></h4>
<!-- Content goes here -->
<?php
include $server_inc."/footer.php";
?>
[/code]
The above code would effectively break up the different facets of the web
page code that would allow a fairly good way of presenting the elements of
such a combination.

This code generates the page at http://foxhuntingworld.com
There is no info in the left column...the css file is in the index.php file
source.