[thelist] SSL cert check. https://secure.britstream.com/~corx/ + sidebar

Liam Delahunty ldelahunty at britstream.com
Tue Nov 11 17:53:52 CST 2003

Geoff Hopson Sent: 11 November 2003 14:25
Subject: Re: [thelist] SSL cert check. https://secure.britstream.com/~corx/

Many thanks for everyone's input today.

>The padlock shows up but says that it is an invalid certificate.
>MacOSX 10.2.8, Safari 1.0

I just don't get it. Surely a thawte cert is normally trusted by Safari?
Aren't they the #2 cert issuer? of curiosity, what happens if you visit
https://www.thawte.com/ ?

>On IE5 on Mac, broken image...

the image comes from Thawte themselves, in a live checking thingy. As a
sidebar I was wondering if I should remove this (clients seem to like it
though) as it showing up at all is probably dependant on Internet
connectivity, and possibly connection speeds. What are your thoughts?

>HTH,

Hmmm. Yeah, cheers!

>Geoff

Kind regards,