[thelist] XML schemas with keyrefs

Blowhorn Kili2x at netscape.net
Wed Nov 12 22:38:32 CST 2003

Hi, evolters.

I have two XML files at http://cfc-cfl.g3z.com/worx/cfccontents.xml and http://cfc-cfl.g3z.com/worx/sfccontents.xml, both referring to a W3C-type schema at http://cfc-cfl.g3z.com/worx/contents.xsd

Both XML files validate just fine using either the Schema Checking Service at http://www.w3.org/2001/03/webdata/xsv or the XML Schema Validator at http://tools.decisionsoft.com/schemaValidate.html, though the latter service requires local copies.

Neither of the XML files, however, validate using XMLspy 5 Enterprise Edition.  The offending markup are the clink element at line 302 in cfccontents.xml and the elink element at line 610 in sfccontents.xml, and the errors that XMLspy throws go something like "Undefined values for keyref identity constraint - the values referred to by the field selector must match an existing unique/key value."

All xs:key and xs:keyref elements are located near the bottom of the schema document, under the xs:element with name='contents'.  What should I fix in the schema document to make the XML files validate?  Or should I ignore XMLspy validation for now?

                                       TIA!
                                       Cromwell