[thelist] Copyright Infringement - Client Posted Website Using a Comp (prior to payment)

headlemur headlemur at cox.net
Thu Nov 13 13:35:32 CST 2003

Dig out all of your paperwork, files, screenshots, of your originals and
what is currently up. create a list of dates of work.

create a timeline of activity from initial contact to date of last payment.

See a Copyright/Contract Lawyer.
I made it very clear that they would receive the project files once I had
received the final payment. I have not yet received payment. I have asked
them to remove the page until I have been paid and they have refused.
I hope that as Bob says that you have an attorney fees segment in your
contract.

The good news is that an attorney letter will usually solve the issue.
In case that it doesn't you will need the full monty by applying for
copyright and then you will have to look for another lawyer who will work on
a contingency basis. The price of pursuit is gonna go up.

An hour of attorney time will probably let you know if the pockets are deep
enough and you are mad enough.

Go for the money, damages, and mental anguish.

Drop the client like a stone once you have Cashed the check.

Trust me, by taking this guy down will only enhance your reputation and let
the next one up know that you are in Business.

the head lemur
News: http://www.lemurzone.com/news/
Interviews: http://www.lemurzone.com/pixelview/
blog: http://theheadlemur.typepad.com/