[thelist] Simply (?) ASP question

Rick at Shiesl rick.good at shiesl.com
Sat Nov 15 12:18:42 CST 2003

Folk -

I am trying to send a form to PayPal, but need to use ASP variables within
the form. Presently I have:

        <form action="https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr" method="get">
            <input type="hidden" name="cmd" value="_xclick">
            <input type="hidden" name="business" value="???.coM">
            <input type="hidden" name="return" value="http://???.com/">
            <input type="hidden" name="item_name" value= <% strMember %> >
            <input type="hidden" name="item_number" value= <% strMember %> >
            <input type="hidden" name="amount" value= <% strMember_Amt %> >

            <input type="hidden" name="currency_code" value="USD">

The problem is that the "<% strMember %>" and "<% strMember_Amt %>" syntax
is wrong. Does anyone know how to include an ASP variable here. Thanks
greatly. Rick

"If you tell me I'm sensible in addition to normal and wise, I'm going to
punch you in the stomach. I'm as screwed up as the next person, and I like
it that way." Imitation in Death, Page 257 by Nora Roberts writing as J. D.