[thelist] security strategy - is mine flawed?

Tom Dell'Aringa pixelmech at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 16 14:24:12 CST 2003

Hi,

Relating to my last post, I'm wondering if I am missing something in
my security strategy. I seem to occasionally get these ad worms which
is really annoying. Here is what I have going:

1 - ZoneAlarm as my firewall
2 - NAV, completely updated
3 - I *Never* install any of those Kazaa like garbage.

I do not have the Win firewall on, but should I? Some people advocate
disabling ActiveX altogether. But what effect would this have on my
system for things I *DO* want to run?

Thanks

Tom

=====
http://www.pixelmech.com/ :: Web Development Services
http://www.DMXzone.com/ :: JavaScript Author / Every Friday!
http://www.thywordistruth.net/ :: Eternal Life

"I'll ho ho and ha ha you!" (Daffy Duck)