[thelist] css margins in IE 5 PC

Elly lists at echozone.com
Sun Nov 16 16:01:30 CST 2003

I'd like to check if there's an issue with IE 5 PC completely breaking
with margin-left: 20%; margin-right: 20% in a p tag.

I while age on another site, I had an end user reporting that IE 5 saw
this same tag, cause the text in the p tag not wrap at all, breaking
the whole layout to expand many horizontal screens.

I can only test older browsers on Macs, and this displays fine on
various older versions of IE Mac.

I'm still using tables, and this p tag is also inside a td.
Using HTML 4.01 Transitional doctype in quirks mode (excluding url).

In the style sheet, I have:

p.narrow {
margin-left: 20%;
margin-right: 20%;
text-align: justify;}

If someone has the capability to check in any versions of IE 5 PC, you
can check this at:

http://echozone.com/orncc/

I'd much appreciate this, and if this breaks, I would love to hear
advice on a workaround. I had searched the archives, and could not find
this specific issue.

Thanks!

Elly