[thelist] Find and Replace Wildcard - Dreamweaver

tom jaimz jaimz at netspace.net.au
Wed Nov 19 16:54:48 CST 2003

Hi.

Use regular expressions.

In the case you're looking for, I would recommend using the following
regular expression: name="[^"]*"

Make sure you're searching source code, and your have Use Regular Expression
enabled.  Regular Expressions are very powerful, and you can do pretty much
any find/replace you can think of.  In the above example, the [^"] bit means
any character except for ", and then the * means find it 0 or more times.
For more information about Regular Expressions, check your MX help.

HTH,
Tom.