[thelist] xsl:if query (xml newbie)

John.Bedard at ngc.com John.Bedard at ngc.com
Fri Nov 21 11:18:14 CST 2003

<xsl:variable name="salary" select="/person/salary" />
    <xsl:if test="$salary != ''">
	<xsl:value-of select="/person/salary"/>

Just throwing £ in there does make it through FOP. I threw it into a document I'm working on. I suppose if you want to thorough find the unicode for the character.

£<xsl:value-of select="person/salary" />
the right way to check if it is empty or not, and then provide the salary with the £ sign in front?

Workers of the Web, evolt !