[thelist] Finding Past Version of a Website

Tony Grimes info at scribenewmedia.com
Fri Nov 21 12:00:24 CST 2003

Hi guys,

Is there any way to find the past version of a website? A client referenced
a third party conference website as a perfect example of the kind of site
they had in mind for our project. Unfortunately, the conference was last
month and all that's left is a summary. Is there any way to get a copy of
the site before it changed?

I've tried Google's cache, but they've already re-indexed the site. I
remember reading about Internet archive projects that try to archive past
versions of the Web, but I can't find any for the life of me. Does anyone
have any ideas, short of asking the webmaster for a copy (which I might do)?

TIA,

Tony