[thelist] OT?: Motherboard: Kobian KOB KT266a FDSX

John C Bullas jcbullas at nildram.co.uk
Sat Nov 22 13:57:16 CST 2003

At 19:22 22/11/2003, Ed McCarroll wrote
> > > They say the fan speed is controlled by the motherboard
> > >
> > > I beg to differ..... Can any one confirm this/deny this
> >
> > Correct.. it can't be.
>
>A recent PC Magazine article mentioned a variable-speed fan, but did not
>say is was controlled by the motherboard.  It was in a multiple-fan box,
>and if the box started to get too hot, or one fan failed, the remaining
>fan(s) sped up.

you can get these (Volcano 11 and others) that use a temperature probe
under the processor to
trip the fan speed, I had never heard of one that got a variable voltage
directly
off of the board via CPUFAN1 plug these fans still need a connection off
the IDE power feed
as they suggest the power drain off the board may be too high

FB