[thelist] text/plain for html files

John C Bullas jcbullas at nildram.co.uk
Sun Nov 23 06:01:11 CST 2003

At 11:48 23/11/2003, fstorr wrote
>Hi all
>
>Am I right in thinking that if I specify a content-type of "text/plain" on
>an html file (with a .htm(l) exension) that the browser should render it
>as plain text and not parse it as html and thus ignore things like linked
>external CSS files?

check to see what is set to parse what.....

if the server parsers .shtml, .html and .htm as HTML as default
then I guess the bit you add in the code is too late for the server to hang
back?

I have

AddType text/x-server-parsed-html .htm
AddType text/x-server-parsed-html .html
AddType text/x-server-parsed-html .ihtml

to force some of my more bizarre extensions to parse HTML

not sure what you could do to stop it parsing HTML

choose a bizarre extension like .thtml? and not set it to parse?

Give that a try?

or maybe miss the <HTML> tags off the page? :)

FB