[thelist] print button thoughts

john at johnallsopp.co.uk john at johnallsopp.co.uk
Mon Nov 24 16:10:01 CST 2003

Hi

I just did some user testing on a site and one request was for a 'print'
button on an editorial page.

I guess the idea is that would bring up the print dialog of the browser.
Does anyone have any thoughts on this?

Presumably any code will have to handle multiple browsers, or is there
some international agreement on this. Or is it just a really bad idea
anyway (the browser gives you a print facility, what's wrong with that?).

The page, incidentally, has no frames or anything spectacular. It uses CSS
positioning and there'll be a print stylesheet.

Thanks in advance for any help and opinions.

Cheers