[thelist] print button thoughts

Brian W. Reaves brian at brianreaves.com
Tue Nov 25 08:12:21 CST 2003

Has anyone had any success at deterring a client from adding a "print
this page" feature on a site. Most sites content pages can be bookmarked
and returned too. For content that can't be returned too, perhaps we
should educate users on how to save a copy of a page on their computer.

If users continues to go to sites and print the pages we will never
curve the amount of paper wasted on web sites.

Sorry if this sounds like a rant but I am going through this now with a
project and I would love some assistance on how others have handled this
issue.

TIA,
Brian

<snip>
john at johnallsopp.co.uk wrote:
> Hi
>
> I just did some user testing on a site and one request was for a 'print'
> button on an editorial page.
</snip>