[thelist] Print Page Dimensions

Jono Young Jono at brookgroup.com
Tue Nov 25 08:43:15 CST 2003

On 11/25/03 9:25 AM, "Rob Smith" <rob.smith at THERMON.com> wrote:
> Does anyone know the exact pixel dimension for a standard printable space on
> an 8.5" x 11" sheet of paper? A4?

There are 72 pixels in 1  inch.  So a 8.5" x 11" piece of paper in pixels
would be 612p x 792.  You have to take into consideration printable area.  I
think that in general you are going to lose 1/4" to side and top margins and
1/2" to the bottom margin.  I am not positive, and I'm sure that printers
are different, not to mention adjustable.  To play it safe, maybe count on
having a printable area of 576 x 756 pixels (minus 36px on each side for a
1/2" margin all around).  I am just guessing here, anyone have the absolute
answer to this one?
--
Jono Young
Designer/Illustrator