[thelist] Re: Stripping out tags ** DRIFT **

Dan Romanchik dan at danromanchik.com
Tue Nov 25 12:30:28 CST 2003

There may be something like this already out there, but what would really be
cool is a natural language to regex translator.  It would not, of course, be
able to develop regexes for all situations, but it probably could do the job
for some of the more common kinds of things one would use a regex for. For
example, in this case the natural language would be "delete everything
between x and y" where x and y are two strings. Other examples might be,
"replace x with y" and "delete second occurrence of x".

Wouldn't that be cool?

Dan
Dan Romanchik - Web Developer
dan at danromanchik.com, 734-930-6564