[thelist] The REAL browser width TAKE 2

Jay Blanchard jay.blanchard at niicommunications.com
Wed Nov 26 15:27:52 CST 2003

[snip]
> My question is could there be a difference in WIDTH between a
Maximixed IE
> browser on a Windows desktop at resolution 600x800 and a different Win
> desktop same resolution. Presuming no sidebars visible.

Of course -- some people have their taskbars on the left or right,
and the width of the taskbar is variable...
[/snip]

Even minus the scrollbar and possibly taskbar on the side there are
those few pixel borders which are rendered unless the browser is being
used full-screen, at which time those little borders disappear.