[thelist] Using multiple script languages in .NET

Ken Schaefer ken at adOpenStatic.com
Wed Nov 26 19:28:58 CST 2003

Client-side scripting is pretty much irrelevant to what your server-side
scripting language is.

The server does the server-side stuff, and the browser does the client-side
stuff. Neither is intrinsically aware of what the other is doing.

Suggest you post what you have, and a detailed explanation of what issues
you are running into.

Cheers
Ken

Microsoft MVP - Windows Server (IIS)

From: "pouncyisdead" <pouncy_1 at hotmail.com>
Subject: [thelist] Using multiple script languages in .NET

: Question:
: How do you include a script function that differs from your App's base
: language in ASP.NET?
:
: Why:
: I am trying to escape a string of text in a VB.NET page, then unescape
that
: string using client-side JS.
: Urlencode and Htmlencode don't seem to mesh well with client-side
unescapes.
: I would also like to find out more about Multi-language scripting in .NET.
:
: Example: in ASP Classic
: --------------
: <script language="javascript" runat="server">
:     function jsEscape(textString){ return escape(textString); }
: </script>
: <%
:     Dim strHTML
:     strHTML = " A whole grip of Html Tags :) "
:     Response.Write " var strHTML = ' " & jsEscape(strOutPut) & _
:         " '; sHTML = unescape(strHTML); document.write(strHTML); "
: %>
:
: Mike Pouncy - DorkExtraordinaire