[thelist] Another (Dreamweave) form question

Chris Rosser chris.rosser at codemasters.com
Fri Nov 28 11:28:39 CST 2003

Ken,

Try creating an include file (named emailform.inc.php perhaps) with a single
function:

function showEmailForm($sendto) {

?>

<form action="whatever.php" method="post">
(rest of form here)
<input type="hidden" name="emailto" hidden="<?php echo $sendto; ?>">
</form>

<?php

}

The email address to send the form to is the only argument - I'm not sure
how your form is structured, but you'll just need to echo $sendto where you
need the destination email address to appear.

Then include this file in every PHP page you need the form in, using this
line at the top (this is similar to using a SSI):

include_once('/path/to/emailform.inc.php');

Then, where you need to display the form, do:

showEmailForm('sendto at thisemailaddress.com');

Where 'sendto at thisemailaddress.com' is the address to send the form to.

Hope I've understood your problem correctly - if you've got any questions,
just give me a shout.

Chris
}:)