[thelist] CSS and phones

Diane Soini dianesoini at earthlink.net
Sun Nov 30 16:36:04 CST 2003

I'm trying to figure out how to hide CSS from my phone's Symbian
browser.

The Opera site says that using media="screen" should hide the
stylesheet from the mobile phone's browser, but my phone doesn't have
an Opera browser, and media="screen" doesn't hide it from my phone's
browser.

Media="all" hides the stylesheet from my phone, but doesn't hide it
from the printer, which I want it to do.

I haven't found any CSS hacks that address hiding stylesheets from
phones, and most of the documentation online isn't helping me, either.
Also, being a Mac user, there doesn't seem to be a simulator available
to me for development, unless someone knows of one.

Any good resources for CSS techniques for phones?