[thelist] usability

Minh Lee Goon evolt at goonies.info
Tue Dec 2 13:13:36 CST 2003

<snip>
> The client is not willing to invest in validation of the entry.
</snip>

You didn't say what you are using to program this, so I'll offer my view if
you were using ColdFusion. In case of dates, I prefer to use a calendar and
allow the user to click on the date. A calendar icon next to the text field
will pop open a small calendar and they can select the date which updates
the text field. You can format the date inserted using the DateFormat()
function.

I'm sure you can find a similar application using JavaScript.

HTH,
Minh Lee

http://www.goonies.info/
Not the film. The family.