[thelist] usability

jsWalter jsWalter at torres.ws
Tue Dec 2 23:45:55 CST 2003

nice little widget.

but it does not handle American vs. English date formats.

meaning, it doesn't know if...

      10/11/2003

is October 11th, or November 10th.

That is the main issue I have with free-text date entry.

Yes, you can give the user a format display (mm/dd/yyyy), but habits are
hard to break, even when your thinking about it.

Yes, calendar widgets are bit cumbersome, but that or pull-down trios are
pretty much the only way to really "know" what date the user meant when they
entered it.

In fact, I've even had the pull-down chock on me a few times. It all gets
down to what the user is thinking, or not thinking as they enter the date.

just my 2 cents.

Walter