[thelist] FlashMX Load Movie Question

Rob Smith rob.smith at THERMON.com
Thu Dec 4 10:46:02 CST 2003

> My movie clip is not an external .swf file, but a movie clip inside my
.fla.
> It's a movie clip as in a "movie clip" expressed by hitting the F8 button.
>
> How do I play that movie?

Maybe this will help:

http://tinyurl.com/xpr6

benjer

Very Cool Ben! This is exactly what I was looking for.

Rob

Matt wrote:
Rob,
You could place the movie clip onto a layer in the _root (or whichever
timeline you want to call it from).

Set the first frame of your movie clip to be blank, add a "stop();" action
to the first frame, and label the frame "paused".

The content can begin on the second frame, which you might label "startHere"

So from the main timeline, you attach this script to the button

on (release) {
    gotoAndPLay(_root.myMovieClip,'startHere');
}

To make the movie disappear, attach this script to the button "x".

on (release) {
    gotoAndStop(_root.myMovieClip,'paused');
}

Something along those lines should work.
Matt

Matt. I was going to do something like this. In fact this is how I've always
done things like this in Flash. I wanted a better less time consuming way
though.