[thelist] dilemmas with php_self

Direcway daltonseymour at direcway.com
Fri Dec 5 13:53:36 CST 2003

A novice question here:

I have a page with 2 drop down list boxes. One for states and one for
cities.

Selections made in the state list box accesses the database and populates
the second drop down list box with cities.

I'm using php_self as the form action to do this and everything works just
fine ...
        accept, I am unable to call the next page in the series after the
user makes a selection in the second drop
        down list.

It seems that once I've used the ACTION=$HTTP_SERVER_VARS['PHP_SELF'], I'm
stuck with it and unable to access the next page using the action attribute
for the second form control. I've tried a number of different modifications
like using conditional if(s) to select for different form action attributes
after the first selection is made without success. I guess I just don't
understand what's going on here. What do I have to do to access the next
page and successfully pass my variables for city and state?

Later,
Dalton