[thelist] Illustrator to Photoshop color shift; slightly ot.

Jono Young Jono at brookgroup.com
Mon Dec 8 09:08:32 CST 2003

I have run into this problem before,  but only with graphics created by
other people.  Here are some things I do to fix the problem:

1. Make sure both your Illustrator Documents and Photoshop document are set
to RGB, or CMYK color.

2.  In Illustrator, go to Edit<Preferences<Files & Clipboard..., select AICB
(no transparency), and check preserve paths.  If this does not work try
Preserve Appearance.

3.  Select your object in Illustrator, go to Object<Flatten Transparency...,
check the Preview box and find the best setting to flatten your object.  Now
copy and paste into Photoshop.

4.  If all else fails, select the entire object in the Illustrator document,
go to File<Export..., select Photoshop(PSD), and select the appropriate
options in the Export Options dialog box, Click OK.  Now you can open up
your exported Illustrator object in Photoshop and it should be OK.  Only
problem with this method is that your Illustrator art/object is now
rasterized, and will become blurry if you resize it too much.  It's a good
idea to export it at the size you will need it, and export it at 300 dpi.

--
Jono Young
Designer/Illustrator