[thelist] Wanted in Hampshire...... APS > CD transfer

s t e f stef at nota-bene.org
Mon Dec 8 11:50:23 CST 2003

<quote who="John C Bullas (soton.ac.uk relay)" when="08/12/03 09:58">

> <snipped>
>
> Why did I get this reply in response to a question seeking a PIECE OF
> HARDWARE to transfer APS cartridges to CD?
> (ultimately to deliver a Javascript based on line photo album)
>
> Still baffled

John,
I just realised that replying to you offlist wasn't such a good idea
since you may not be the only one to wonder.

The story is: you asked for APS-to-CD hardware, and said you hoped you
were not too off-topic, and if so what was the "barter in return for
usage thereof".

I then replied to this question by explaining how one pays back for
off-topic, by giving a tip to thelist.

Now that I'm at home (and looked into my dictionary) it seems like
"barter" is to be understood as its first meaning, actual exchange for
one good with another.

I hope this makes my response clearer.

Keep in mind that english is not (like many thelist contributors) my
native language, so please just don't go "I'm baffled" too often on us
poor strangers ;-)

--
s t e f
http://www.nota-bene.org/