[thelist] Graphics Art Question - Fireworks MX

Ryan Tames rytames at telusplanet.net
Tue Dec 9 07:55:07 CST 2003

On 8 Dec 2003 at 16:04, Rob Smith wrote:

I've never used fireWorks, however:

in most  current graphics applications, you use the vector
(pen or shape) tool, and make a shape, and then covert that from
a path too a selection.

Also you could fill it with a solid color on a new layer, and use the
auto-selection tool on the solid color, and change layers; Using that selection,
on the layer you want to use it on.

Also, you could use a shape, like the second option above,
convert it to black and white, and then convert it to a mask.
>From the mask, (if present) use the 'mask -> selection' option,
and apply it to the layer you want it on.

Hmmm...

theres probally two other ways:

1) use the rounded corner selection tool.

2) combine two selections into one. the first being
the base shape, and the others being circles, set to the
proper place to round the corners.