[thelist] Database schema

Joel D Canfield joel at spinhead.com
Tue Dec 9 14:52:27 CST 2003

Right now I've stored all the product specific
> fields in the products table and prefixed them with the name
> of the category
> they refer to. Is this a good approach or should I put them
> in separate
> tables? The table is getting pretty unmanageable already.

All the product stuff should go in 'products'

What fields do you have in there? It's hard to imagine (for me, anyway)
so many fields that it would be unmanageable. Maybe there *is* stuff in
there that belongs elsewhere, but it's hard to say without seeing a
field list.

joel